While certainly not a necessary thing to learn in life, knowing how to make your own homemade lemonade is definitely an added bonus. This step-by-step will show you how to make your own tart, yet sweet glass of lemonade.
1. Take 1 average-sized lemon and cut in half (the little knobs should be on either side).
2. Using a hand juicer (or any other kind of juicer you have), press down on the lemon and move it in circles around the ridges to squeeze the juice out of the lemon. I usually do this over a medium-sized bowl.
3. Pour 1/4 cup of hot water (the hottest water that you can get out of the tap should be fine) into your glass.
4. Add 2 Tablespoons of sugar to the hot water and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
5. Add 3/4 cup of cold water to the hot water and sugar mixture.
6. Measure out and add 3 Tablespoons of the freshly squeezed lemon juice to the glass and stir (I’m normally able to get about 3 Tablespoons of juice from each lemon- if it’s a little less, it should still taste fine).
7. Add ice and enjoy!